Terri Schindler-Schiavo

Forums Public forums Brug Reviews Terri Schindler-Schiavo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brenda

left this world this morning and a new bloom was showing it’s face.

Because Mary and I were deeply touched by Terri Schiavo and her recent passing, we have decided to name this cultivar Terri Schindler-Schiavo in her honor/memory.
      DSC00566.JPG

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Mary

Brenda, since you have been in contact with her parents, would you please let them know we have done this? They can see the info in the Family Tree and Gallery.

lagata

wow. A beautiful flower and gesture. Some cultures believe thare is magic in a name; this beautiful if silent flower will live on to give many pleasure.

Brenda

Their E-mail box is full at the moment but as soon as things settle down I will send them the link. I will probably see them at the capitol in a few weeks and will have one rooted for them when they are ready.

Joelle

THis is a lovely brug and a lovely thing to do. Joelle

hibiscus

Beautiful brug, I too have been touched by the story of her life. Thank you.

Anonymous

Thank you for that touching tribute, Blessings Ruth

Paul

What a wonderful thing!

Words can not express the joy I felt as I read this.

I just know the world is a better place because of all the loving, and truly caring people in it.

Pambi

That’s a fabulous gesture, and a LOVELY bloom, too, Brenda.

I had a feeling this was the ‘digging holes motivation’… didn’t know you had such close contact with the family.

Her life & death will certainly have repercussions for many many years to come.

Now, a pretty, glowing tribute.. very nice.

love, Pambi

Brenda

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We received the following message back from Terri’s foundation this morning.

“This is really an amazingly kind gesture. I’ll make certain the Schindlers

know and I hope you’ll feel welcome to send my contact details along to the

hybridizers.”

TeresaInCAL

That’s very sweet Brenda, I’m sure the family is touched.

Anonymous

What a thoughtful thing to do. I’m quite sure the Schindler’s will appreciate this so much. They need all the kind and caring thoughts and remembrances they can receive at this time. I’m not sure that I would even put the Shiavo name on it though. Sorry for being so biased.

hibiscus

I feel the same as you Sylvia. Would try to forget that last name. Can just imagine what they must have gone through in those last days. We all felt it.

Maggidew

I don’t know if it’s my eyes or what, but I lightened it up.

It’s gorgeous, thank you!

Anonymous

Mary and Brenda, this is such a thoughtful gesture. I know her family and friends will appreciate it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.

Please update your bookmarks for this site.