M.E.W, a photo and a memory of a poster.

Forums Public forums M.E.W, a photo and a memory of a poster.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    WayneM

Back in the day of joining BGI and getting the confidence to post my pictures and thoughts, there was a poster who called himself Chocolate Brug who posted wonderful pictures often against a blue sky showcasing his flower’s.

So here is Dan Carter’s wonderful Brugmansia called M.E.W, in Chocolate Brugs style here in England on a crisp dry sunny day 😎.

Wayne

Instagram ilike2brugit

Keymaster
    Alvin

BIG & WAXY !!!

Participant
    rudy625

She is a beauty if I must say so myself !!!!! How are you dudes doing ? Long time no see .I must say, I’m glad to be here, believe me !!! been a rough year.

Dan

Participant
    rudy625
    Keymaster
    Alvin

I believe you Dan!

This has been one ROUGH YEAR !    “Whacko-Rough” !

But it’s great to see you back again!     Can you share a bit of what your experiences have been like lately?    My sweet  MEWs are sleeping quietly right now. The Big one and all the little ones are all looking good and healthy.   (Although we have many months of DARK to get through before the next growing season)    I’m confident they will make a great show up here on the 45th parallel of Michigan (again) this year.   They seem to thrive so well in this colder climate; – as many of the B. versicolor/insignis hybrids do NOT.

Keymaster
    Alvin

I believe you Dan!

This has been one ROUGH YEAR !    “Whacko-Rough” !

But it’s great to see you back again!     Can you share a bit of what your experiences have been like lately?    My sweet  MEWs are sleeping quietly right now. The Big one and all the little ones are all looking good and healthy.   (Although we have many months of DARK to get through before the next growing season)    I’m confident they will make a great show up here on the 45th parallel of Michigan (again) this year.   They seem to thrive so well in this colder climate; – as many of the B. versicolor/insignis hybrids do NOT.

Participant
    WayneM

Dude’s,

Happy to see you on here Dan.

In my greenhouse currently my 2nd M.E.W is flowering,  and in my conservatory too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Instagram ilike2brugit

Participant
    WayneM

Here we go the two pic’s of M.E.W

She is a beautiful lady,  so lucky to have her, due to good friends 💕

Yes, been a tough 2020,  and over here in England right now on another 🔐 lockdown until the middle of February.

I had covid before Xmas and it was a pretty horrible experience,  although I am more fortunate than others.  But with spring coming, the hope of the vaccine and the chance to be outdoors again growing our beloved plants, I’m optimistic and looking forward.

Take care everyone,  stay safe 🙏

Wayne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Instagram ilike2brugit

Participant
    rudy625

Boy, this virus is terrible. I got it back in January, but at that time, we didn’t know what it really was. I thought that I had the worst case of the flue that I had ever had, and it hung on for over 5 weeks. just wouldn’t go away. I already had a list of ailments a mile long before it hit me, and I was flat on my back for what seemed like forever. I may have been the cause of a tissue shortage, because I went through at least a box a day. Couldn’t keep up with my brugs in the basement, but luckily my neighbor stepped in and managed to save 2 MEW s and 2 new hybrids I was working on. He planted them out in the yard and fed and watered them all summer. Back in his basement now cause I still can’t do the stairs very well . Fingers crossed that they make it through another winter in his care, but he is very good at following directions, and loves to garden. Very excited about my new hybrid, a yellow cubinsis that is very ,very hardy, smells to the heavens, and is very prolific in flowering, the plant is litterly covered with blooms, even between ” flushes”, and I hope to register her this summer if all goes well. Lets see if I can still do this.  [ ( JL x Ila Maria ) x ( Miss Miss x MEW) ] or something like that. If you look at all the parents , all pinks, you would be amazed at how YELLOW the flowers are. Brugs are funny like that.  more to come

Dan

Participant
    rudy625

Hey Al, guess what, I grabbed some garlic from a local farmer a year ago last October, planted it in Nov, harvested it in July. Never did it before, but it turned out so great that all my neighbors scoffed it all up except for the biggest ones that I kept and [planted this past Nov. Can’t wait to see what I get this July.

Dan

Keymaster
    Alvin

Well’ if you can grow Brugs, you can grow GREAT Garlic.    And Garlic is really GOOD to eat.    Brugs – not so much – (don’t eat those)

I’m excited to hear about your new Yellow  ( JL x Ila Maria ) x ( Miss Miss x MEW).   You are SO RIGHT that they  sure can fool you !    Where did the YELLOW come from???

I came down to my basement late this morning and smelled a “present”!    It was a bud of almost-dormant Andrew’s Gold just getting ready to open.   It’s a mystery to me how much they can smell up the room before the bud even opens!!

Participant
    gillyp01

Hi Guys,

What a beautiful tribute Wayne. William was definately the master of the ‘Blue Sky’ in his wonderful photographs.

I’m really sorry to hear that you have had the horrible Covid and Dan. it sounds like you have had it really bad. I had it too in January 2020 and have been left with Pulmonary Fibrosis so I get out of breath really badly. I might just struggle a bit getting all my brugs out of the greenhouses this year. It’s so good to know that you are both ok.

I hope you have a good 2021 and that you and your brugs have a great season.

Lots of love to you both.

Gill

Spectator
    rhapsody616

I did not believe that there could be too much garlic until that Thanksgiving Stuffing was too strong to eat.  The I took it to where the possums and raccoons  were and found 3 days later it was still there!! Point taken.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.

Please update your bookmarks for this site.