Alvin’s Garden 2021

Forums Public forums Alvin’s Garden 2021

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Alvin

it sure was a LONG, cold spring, followed by a drought, but I Finally got a few brug blossoms !

After the Killing Frost we had here on June 21st (One month ago) most of my brugs have recovered anough to convince me that they will survive until 2022.   The very first to bloom was Sarah S., but there was only a single blossom & I failed to get a photo.    This morning, though, New Orleans Lady made quite a display and was accompanied by Miss Edith Winnette  with her nose(s) held high.   The fragrance in the still, humid, morning air was INDESCRIBABLE !!

NOW I remember why I put up with these monstrous blossoms!

Participant
    WayneM

Well done Alvin 👏 👍 

Looking extremely good.

I have a good flush of M.E.W going on, what a sweetheart Winnie is🤩🤩

If you are looking in Dan, she’s still a absolute stunner 😍

Wayne

Instagram ilike2brugit

Keymaster
    Alvin

I have to second that, Dan !   MEW is a REAL STAR.   She is such a terrific grower & bloomer for me here.   Maybe she likes my cooler/frostier  climate????    And so fragrant as to knock you out.

I simply adore her  “Nose UP” attitude too.   It’s hard to believe that I always used to be a pendulous ‘versi’ man !

THANKS AGAIN, Dan  for this absolute GEM !!!!

Created and registered by Dan Carter of Pennsylvania and grown (with pride) on the 45th parallel in Michigan  by Al Maas.   As well as many other places around the globe !!!   She’s a KEEPER!

Keymaster
    Alvin

A few more cultivars have joined the parade now (finally!)

Jinny Lind

Cindy Ann

Sarah S.

Maya

Painted Lady !

Mandarin Twist

Andrew’s Gold:

And a couple Dtauras:    Datura inoxia:

And Datura discolor:

Keymaster
    Alvin

Does anybody here recognize this bug?    It seems like it should be easy to identify, but I can’t seem to figure it out.  ??

Anyway, I thought I’d post a few shots of what’s going on up here on the northern shores of Lake Michigan.

Miss Emily MacKenzie is faithfully keeping the yard fragrant as always.

Andrew’s Gold has officially become my favorite Big Yellow.  I no longer keep Janet Reno.

OLD Apricot Riese and Sarah S are just starting their displays together.

Cindy Ann defies my color definition – although, I think she could be described as ‘Coral’ ??

Cindy Ann is one of those ‘aurea’-type cultivars who not only grows like a prehistoric tree, but she likes to make HUGE leaves with prominent ribs underneath that really show when the wind is blowing:

Participant
    WayneM

As always Alvin a sterling effort growing wonderful Brugmansia in your climate.

Looks 👍 great,  I’m really impressed with Cindy and a little envious.  She’s got a great growing habit and ticks all the Aurea hybrid boxes. Id love to grow her one day 💓

Well I’m having a mini flush at the moment in the garden, 4 in flower in the two gabions, and as we like to share our heres a picture.

Ğ

Instagram ilike2brugit

Participant
    WayneM

Instagram ilike2brugit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.

Please update your bookmarks for this site.