Inca Sun

Forums Public forums Brug Reviews Inca Sun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    rudy625

In between torrential rains, and temps at or above 90 F for 3 straight days, I swam out in the super muggy air this morning, ( muggy doesn’t even come close to describing the air ), and was greeted with the sweetest fragrance. Inca Sun was opening a few flowers, and the scent was heavenly. This is about the 5th generation cutting from what was one of the first brugs that I purchased from Logees 10 years ago when I started expanding my collection. All of the newer hybrids are nice, but this plant has everything you could want in a brug and then some. Great color, nice form, and the fragrance is second to none !!! Always has bloomed heavily, and now that I think about it, has never been bothered by pest of viruses. This is one plant that both veterans and newbies should definitely have in their collection. More of a low sprawler than a standard, it is great for a deck or patio, because the scent is so strong, yet sweet. Get one if you can one. This one is freshly open, and has not reached its’ final orange / yellow color yet, but even in its young stage, it stands out in the garden.

Dan 

DSCN5655.JPG
    DSCN5657.JPG
    DSCN5662.JPG
    DSCN5659.JPG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    M. Gail

Gorgeous, Dan.  I think this one is way underrated.  Why, I wonder.  Not worth it because it’s trouble-free, inexpensive and readily available? :snort:

Mine is budding up now for the first time.  Can’t wait.

Keymaster
    ShaunQ

Dan with all the weather you’v had i’m surprised that any thing is blooming there. this one seems to have a strong constitution as you have showed this one in bad weather before

the color is stunning and it also looks like its about to orange up?

mickeyk

thats one of the oldies I have been talking about , great plants that people don’t get because its not the newest hybrid out there , I need to get one of these , I would love to see what it does with our cool dry summers out here

mickeyk

can you post a picture of its face

Participant
    rudy625

Here you go Mickey. Remember, it just opened, and is not fully open, and the orange is just starting to come through. Will post a pic when it reaches its’ prime. Remember, the flowers are super nice, and it’s one of those that bloom all along the branch, not just hit and miss, so once it starts flowering, it doesn’t flush, it just seems to always have flowers somewhere on the plant. The main thing you will notice is the fragrance, it is one of the strongest, sweetest aromas out here. Al, what do you think of the fragrance ?

Dan

DSCN5664.JPG
    DSCN5665.JPG

Attachments:
    Participant
    rudy625

Mickey, notice how it blooms along the branches.

Dan

DSCN5666.JPG
    DSCN5667.JPG
    DSCN5668.JPG

Attachments:
    Spectator
    bdatura

Yes it does stand out, Looking forward to seeing it at full color. I simply love Y/or brugs. I have a incasun X A.skyline seedling..lets see wat happens. Love your pics Dan.

Participant
    Patricia Watson

I used to have this one but lost it. Yours is absolutely gorgeous!

Participant
    rudy625

Best I can do at the present Mickey. It is so humid out there that my camera is fogging up !!! Never remember the air being so saturated. hard to even breathe.

Dan

DSCN5670.JPG
    DSCN5669.JPG

Attachments:
    brugsinCR

A fine oldie alright!

mickeyk

so where can I get one

Dianne

Looking forward to it’s final colour,Dan

Keymaster
    Alvin

I’d put its fragrance right up in the top tier as well.    I’m fond of the citrus edge which Inca Sun does not seem to have, but still it is definitely top notch.

It is a long-distance fragrance too .  The scent spreads out for a great distance !  

I’ve never seen a plant so eager to bloom – even a small cutting would put out bloom after bloom.  For people with limited space, this one is Perfect.

Regrettably, mine had a bout of ‘slow shrivel’  this last winter & didn’t make it.

Participant
    rudy625

Here it is this morning Mickey, taken during a break in the rain, but the color is better now. It really stands out in the garden, and, I can smell it from my back porch.

Dan

DSCN5675.JPG
    DSCN5676.JPG
    DSCN5680.JPG
    DSCN5677.JPG

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services. Please update your bookmarks for this site.