American Pride by Gloria Lessner

Forums Public forums Brug Reviews American Pride by Gloria Lessner

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Delisa

‘Golden Lady’ X ‘Whiskers’ double yellow cross. I am unsure about the year released or if it is released. I see that the photo in the Family Tree is from 2003. Hybridized by Gloria Lessner.

This brug has been a good bloomer for me this fall. I recieved this in March 2005 as a small rooted cutting. I have been happy with her growth this year. The blooms are small double yellow. I am going to over-winter her and watch her next year. Very good scent even in the day time.

amerpride.jpg
      amerpride2.jpg

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      lagata

Recieved as a cutting last fall, mine grew well into a narrow 6 ft tree. She flowered lightly in a year when several heave bloomers barely bloomed either. Several flowers were quite nice, but others were overstuffed and somewhat deformed. She has also produced a pod when so many other brugs would not, due to heat. I look forward to a “normal” summer, to see what she can really do.

hibiscus

Pretty one, have heard it sometimes is deformed.

Gloria promised everyone on BGI a start of it. Shortly after that, she died of cancer.

Delisa

I gave mine away. The blooms were some what deformed and so I didnt want to keep working with her.

Spectator
            gone2seed

I love mine.The blooms are not the “best” double but it is a double and the only yellow that I know of.Mine sets pods like mad.I have hope for some of her seedlings.

Spectator
              WayneyBoy

Give it a chance to grow awhile then it will bloom, bloom, bloom.

It does have nice yellow blooms. They are smaller, but remain for a good while.

It’s leaves are a nice feature also. It handles the heat well.

PlantWorks

I think what I like most about this one, is the ‘prickly’ haired leaves with the deep serrations. They look ferocious! :biggrin:

Photobucket

PlantWorks

I need to go out and take new photos of this one! She's getting huge and the leaves do like full sun all day, but the more sun, the more prickly the leaves get and the deeper the serrations get!!!! WOW!!!

Anonymous

American Pride hates me. I gave up on it. I have tossed 2 of them they just seem to get a funk on the stem and nothing I do fixes it so I gave up. lolol

Spectator
                      EKANAGRAM

Mine succumbed to fungus.

Participant
                        Patricia Watson

I lost the one you sent me Cassie, I too have given up on it. There are too many reliable brugs. to grow to have to fight this one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.

Please update your bookmarks for this site.